Personalized Recipe Box: Lily Bella Boutique (Use code FAMILYRECIPES FOR 10% OFF!),
Semi-Homemade Mini Apple Pies
Ingredients for filling:
3 cups diced Granny Smith apples (peeled)
1/4 cup sugar (I also add a tablespoon or two of brown sugar)
1 tablespoon orange juice
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons cubed butter (chilled)
Ingredients for crust:
Pillsbury Pie Crusts
You will also need a 3″ biscuit cutter
- In a medium bowl mix the pie filling ingredients together.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough on floured surface. Cut pie circles from rolled out dough using your biscuit cutter. Reuse dough and roll out as needed.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of apple mix onto pie circles and add a pie circle on top. Seal edges with a fork and vent top with a knife.
- Beat one egg with a tablespoon of water. Brush top of pies with egg wash.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and then enjoy!